Shop at Amazon.com and Save!

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

It's Funny...

when the front, back, and basement doors are open; how insecure and vulnerable to the world you truly are. That's how I've always felt anyway. I like it better when I can shut out the world and it's just me and the ones that I love safely tucked away in our house. Now, don't get me wrong, I like to visit places and people. There's just something about coming home at the end of a hectic, sometimes bad day and closing the door. You just know that nothing can get in and you are shutting your bad day out with the rest of the world. But, the tech from dish network is here so everything is open.
Right now, he's giving us satellite. I'm told in a few short hours I can experience the wonderment of satellite in HD. Right now though, the house is silent except for the drilling through concrete. The tech is giving us new cables, I think. I wish that my husband was here. He was supposed to have the day off today, but unfortunately duty called and he went to work. He knows a lot more about this stuff then I do, and I already called him with too many questions today. Anyway, I'm sitting in my living room with my Eight O'Clock coffee enjoying the day and my Christmas tree.

Fully decorated, I might add. I did it early this year, because I wanted to. So there. No excuses. I did it, because.

My princess cat, called Kitten, is sitting on the top of our navy blue couch trying her best to catnap. She is a little salty because we put plastic on the windows. Which means, that she can't sit on the window sill anymore until spring. But, I was told that doing that will save us 30% on our gas bill this winter. We'll see. I know that it will save us some. I think we'll be very lucky if it saves us that much.

Well, the tech needs me so more later! :)

Oh yeah, Happy Birthday to Olivia and Jenny!